Fields of Application:
Levels of Performance:
Additives contained in modern lubricants are not suitable for every vintage engine.
They are made according with different assumptions and for different components. Pakelo Classic line of lubricants was conceived to preserve the authenticity and motoring parts of classic cars and motorcycles, according with a calibrated specific working against tear and wear.
Pakelo Classic 60’s Motor Oil 20W50 multigrade mineral oil for vintage cars and motorcycles built between 1950 and 1970. The product meets the period technical specifications but it takes advantage of the evolution in the lubricating field. Medium detergent level (compatible with rubber gaskets), this lubricant possesses anticorrosive and anti-tear and wear properties. It leaves a protective oil film protecting mechanical parts during winter stops.
Wrong or inappropriate additives may cause serious damages to classic vehicles. For instance a wrong or ineffective detergents may cause contact between gums, oil deposits and the hottest engine parts, while an excessive use can cause the accumulation of metallic ashes in the combustion chamber of oldest engines and to the extreme reduction of oil deposits with resulting obstruction of connections and lubricating nozzles.
Pakelo Classic lubricants are meant to avoid:
- The accumulation of metallic ash in the combustion chambers,
- Excessive oil consumption due to gasket attrition or incompatibility,
- Thickening at high temperatures with the formation of varnishes obstructing filters and piston bands,
- Rust formation in the internal part of the engine,
- Soot stockpile, metallic tear and wear and secondary combustion deposits